Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love Me Some Sappy Love Books, and Murder Books, too!!!



ONE PAGE! I just read one page from "The Wizard of Oz." So what does that mean? Of course, I made progress! I'm going to keep pressing forward. Procrastination has always been my frenemy! I enjoy being lazy at first, but regret it later!

I have been progressing in my book for English class, The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw. I know it is only because I have to read it, that counts though.

If you want to start out with an easy to read book, then I suggest any book by the author, Nicholas Sparks. I read The Lucky One in one day. I just could not put the book down. At one point my husband was talking to me for a few minutes and I didn't hear a thing. I was so engulfed in my book that nothing else mattered. When I talk about an easy read, I am referring to the simplicity of the words and the flow of the story. Also, when I read his books I am able to put the book down in the middle of a chapter and pick it up continue along easily because he goes into thorough detail. He develops his love story like a blooming flower. When all the parts come together, the beauty reveals itself. He is a master of the human heart.

Now, if you aren't a fan of his style of sappy love story, then I would suggest a mystery/crime book. My favorite book, which is based off of a true story, was a made-for-tv movie on Lifetime. It is called Fatal Vision, written by Joe McGinniss. It is a long book, but well worth the read. My only complaint about the book is that the author jumps back and forth between the present and past. I love the story so much that I forgave the author, but it did take me reading the book a few times to completely understand everything that was said in the book. If you don't have a problem jumping back and forth, then I highly recommend this book. If you like it, there is a contrasting book that I read also called Fatal Justice. I am glad I read this book, but only because it was talking about the same issue, but in a different light. This is a little trick that I use to keep me wanting to read: Read books from authors you know or stories that you love. I know that these three books above only took me a week or less to finish.

Next time I write here, I am going to talk about my new addiction in fiction!

*Monica*





No comments:

Post a Comment